The Strand Extensioner® is the most effective process available to enhance product quality and expand your markets. For the first time, slitting operations can produce a slit mult that is of higher quality than the master coil. This process will slit, provide shape correction, equalize stresses, maintain critical material surface quality, and reduce burr, in one safe and highly productive operation. Slitter operators prefer Strand Extensioner Slitting because of its tight-line operation.
Advantages of the Strand Extensioner Slitting Process:
- No looping pit required; tight-line operation.
- Produces excellent quality, tightly wound, straight-sided slit coils.
- Preserves surface quality. Capable of processing exposed automotive, painted, and polished metals.
- Steers splits onto the recoiler without the need for a center cut or separator.
- Improves strip shape and removes slitter induced bow.
- Reduces slitting burrs for less frequent knife regrinds.
- All slit strands tail-out simultaneously.